Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fall!! I don't know if it's the changing leaves, the scents of pumpkin, spice, and caramel, the cooler weather, football, or my favorite holiday (Thanksgiving), that make me love it so much. Heck, I'm just going to say it's ALL of those things :) I am so thankful to be able to behold God's beautiful creation during this spectacular season; it is truly one of the many gifts He bestows upon us. That is the reason I changed my template to fall leaves--so I could look at them every time I posted something :)

On another sadder note, this morning I learned of a friend that lost her 16 year old daughter in a car wreck late last night. I am so saddened for my friend. I may not have any biological children yet, but I have known the tramatic pain of losing someone I loved so suddenly. When tragedies like this happen, it only serves as a reminder that we never know when our time on this earth will be over. We must cherish our loved ones every moment. I thank God that my hope is eternal in HIM! My prayers and love go out to my friend, and to the many students affected by this crushing loss.

No comments: