Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Better Week :)

This week has been much better for me in the classroom. I just had to remind myself that I'm gonna have those rough weeks. Come Monday morning, I've gotta pick myself up and move on. I am very blessed to have some awesome students! I pray I am as much of an encouragement to them as they are to me. After regular school hours, I help teach in an after-school program. The program is a grant funded program and is in place to help at-risk students academically and socially. Somehow, I got chosen to lead an etiquette class with this group-Lord only knows how that happened! Anyway, every six weeks I get a new group of kids. I teach them about proper classroom behavior, dinner etiquette, how to behave in public places, etc. At the end of each six week period, we (my supervisor and I) take the group to a local "fancy" restaurant so the kids can try out their dinner etiquette and be rewarded with a nice meal. Today we took a group and everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves :)I love watching these kids get to experience something that many of us experience frequently and never really appreciate. Thank you Heavenly Father for my job!!

No comments: