I was sitting in class this afternoon and got a text from my sister, Shelly, telling me that my Uncle Rex was in the hospital and not doing well. I exited class and called my mom right away. She explained that Uncle Rex's heart was very weak and the doctors had him on a ventilator. The Dr said the next 48 hours were crucial. I immediately thought about Uncle Rex's salvation. Sure I wanted him to be healed physically, but more importantly, I wanted to know that he was right with Jesus. Uncle Rex is an interesting character and sometimes, many times, his life doesn't reflect a Godly influence. However, Uncle Rex is also one of the most tender-hearted men I've ever met and I've seen this tenderness tug at his heartstrings. He's been a part of my life for all my life and I love him immensely. When I talked to Mama tonight, she told me that a family friend had gone in to see Uncle Rex this evening and asked him about his relationship with the Lord. He replied "yes" to all of her questions, indicating that he has made his peace with God.
Folks, we never know what lies around the bend. Make sure you know Jesus personally. I've never been one of those that believes you should beat people over the head with a Bible, but as Christians, we should be willing and ready to share our faith when the Holy Spirit guides us. If you have questions about your faith, ask me. I'm not a theologian or Bible scholar, but I have been saved by God's grace and can help you to know Him like I do.
Please keep praying for my Uncle Rex.
Love,
Mel
No comments:
Post a Comment